Sunday, February 5, 2012

Senior Spotlight: Ana Blickenstaff


Saturday, February 11th is the Frederick Force's Senior Day.  All four teams will compete in games against the Front Royal Flames and during our Varsity games our graduating seniors will be recognized.  In an effort to get to know our seniors a little bit better, we sent them some questions and over the coming week we will shine the spotlight on our wonderful seniors!   First up is Ana Blickenstaff!   
Q. How did you get interested in basketball?  I have always really liked the sport, and was interested in playing sports, but I guess this was all sparked from my dad.  Pretty much sports is a Blickenstaff tradition..it has been for generations. haha.  :) 
 
Q. Do you participate in any other sports?....tell us about them  I used to play soccer, but when I tore my ACL I just wanted to focus on one sport. 
 
Q. How long have you been home schooled?  I have been homeschooled my entire life.  Pretty crazy, its been a ride ride! haha.  No, honestly, I have really liked it. 

Q. What's your favorite thing about being homeschooled (other than getting to play for the Force, of course)?  I really like being able to set your own schedule.  I really like that if I really want to do something, I can choose to do extra work on one day so I can have another day free. :) 
 
Q.  What are some of your hobbies?  I like being active, I am always on the move. haha, I like hanging out with friends, going to the beach, watching the Broncos play, watching the Terps play, just having fun, i love being outside.  AND I really want to try bungee juming...crazy right? 

Q. Where's your favorite place to eat out? hmm...I don't know, we go to Rockys pizza alot, they have great food.  But a really nice restaurant?.. maybe Dutchs Daughter.  

Q. What's your favorite movie? The Blindside, August Rush,.. Tim Tebows documentary.  haha

Q.  Would you rather drink coffee or tea?  WATER. :)  I don't really like tea that much, but I CAN'T STAND coffee..so I guess tea if I would have to choose.  
 
Q. Who's your favorite musical artist/group?  I really like Kari Jobe, Bruno Mars, Tenth Avenue North, Chris Tomlin, Adele, lady antebellum, taylor swift..the list goes on. O, and just so everyone knows, I LOVE country music now.  hahah
 
Q. What would you do if you had an entire day to yourself and could do anything? Take some friends to the beach, you know, now that I FINALLY have my license! hahah.  
 
Q. What's your favorite book?  Besides the Bible of course,  I really like Jane Austen.  I also like Little Woman. AND Through My Eyes. haha
 
Q. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?  Some warm place by the ocean.  Maybe Florida.  
 
Q. What college team do you cheer for? I don't really watch college football, or baseball..but I am a HUGE Maryland terps Fan.  Go TERPS!!! 
 
Q. What's your favorite scripture verse? Jeremiah 29:11 is my all time favorite Bible verse.  I also love Isaiah 30:21.  I have tons more, but we will just go with my two favorites. haha
 
Q. What will you miss the most when you graduate?  Basketball, I'll miss everything about it.  :/ 

Q.  Who has significantly influenced your life in a positive way?  I would say my parents.  Mom has in ways and so has dad, and the ways have been so different. lets just say they make a great team. hahah.  

 Q. What are your plans after high school graduation?  I have SO many plans!!!  I want to go to college, my goal is to go to a four year school, I really want to get into missions work at least a little bit.  I want to stick with my singing, and I would love to stay with basketball..maybe an intramural team , AND I want to be a broadcaster...thinking about majoring in communications.  I am just excited to see the GREAT things God has planned for me.  :) 

2 comments:

  1. ANA!
    Can't believe you're a country music fan, too! Everyone thinks I'm nuts for liking it...now I'm not alone! haha ;)
    God has so many bright plans for your future. Continue to rely on Him for guidance and direction, and He will provide for your needs.

    Let's go kick butt the rest of this season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Ana!! I've had so much fun with you these last couple of years! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you!! :D

    GO FORCE!
    #13

    ReplyDelete