Thursday, February 3, 2011

Senior:: Jessica Hughes

Q. How long have you been playing basketball? 

This is my fourth year of basketball. Some of the best years of my life!! 

Q. How did you get interested in basketball?

Well...I didn't. My siblings did, then dad and mom encouraged me to play, and suggested I play for one year before I say no. I didn't really want to at first, but then being with the girls on my team just made it so I couldn't leave! :) 

Q. Do you participate in any other sports?....tell us about them

Nope! Just basketball! 

Q. How long have you been home schooled?

All of my school years. I've never been to public school. 

Q. What's your favorite thing about being homeschooled (other than getting to play for the Force, of course)?

Being able to have more sleep than public schoolers!! Sleep. Yes most definitely the fact that I get more sleep. 

Q.  What are some of your hobbies?

Hmm. I like making things to give to other people. Cards, etc. Whenever I can, I like to make little things when people have birthdays or for Christmas. Things like that. :) 

Q. Where's your favorite place to eat out?

Hmm...probably Panera Bread. 

Q. What's your favorite movie?

That's a tough one! I don't think I have a favorite movie! haha! 

Q. What are your plans after high school graduation?

I might be going to FCC for a few years, then I'll transfer to a college where I can get my ASL interpreters certificate. But you never know with God!! We'll see where He takes me! I'm trusting Him to lead me. He's led me this far :) 

Q.  Would you rather drink coffee or tea?

Probably coffee...but I like both!  

Q. Who's your favorite musical artist/group?

Ohh that's a tough one! I love Bethany Dillon, Francesca Batistelli, and Meredith Andrews. Its a hard choice between those three! 

Q. What would you do if you had an entire day to yourself and could do anything? 

Get a bunch of friends together and do something fun!! 

Q. What's your favorite book?

I don't have a favorite book! I actually haven't had much time lately to read a good book outside of school. But I think my favorite series might be "A life of faith". 

Q. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

Right here ^_^ hahaha! All my friends are here :) 

Q. What college team do you cheer for?

Oh boy...I really haven't watched much college anything. But for football, it's Penn State. And anything but Duke for basketball lol. Basically. :)

Q. What's your favorite scripture verse?

Jeremiah 29:11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. You will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart." 

Q. When it snows, how do you spend your day?

Well first I'd probably take the opportunity to catch up on schoolwork or chores or something. I'm ALWAYS behind in something lol. Then I'd read a book, watch a movie or play a game with my family! Or anything else creative we can do. If its OK to play outside, I'd probably do that too!! :D 

3 comments:

  1. JESSICA! I am going to miss you so much! You are such an amazing teammate, inspiration, friend, and so much more! Love ya!!!

    oh & btw...great choices with Penn State and ANYBODY playing DUKE!! (I'm a die hard UNC fan! GO TAR HEELS!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, I'm going to miss you so much too!! You are one of the sweetest people I know and I am so thankful that I have gotten to know you so much better this season! :D

    GO FORCE!!

    ~Jackie #13

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica,
    I have missed playing with you this past year. You are such an amazing person with a great heart for God and for others. I wish you the best, and I know you will succede in whatever wonderful plans God has for you. Enjoy the rest of your senior year!

    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete