Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Senior:: Emily Pritt

Q. How long have you been playing basketball?
Since I was two feet fall and Mom promised me a dollar for the first basket I scored!  I first played on a rec team in middle school.   

Q. How did you get interested in basketball?
When I was little, we used to go down to the basketball court to play ‘A.P.’s (Aged Parents) versus the Squirts (me and my big siblings).  I’ve always loved basketball, but especially since I started playing with you!  Because you are awesome!

Q. Do you participate in any other sports?....tell us about them
You bet!  Soccer!  I play with Krista (big surprise there) on an MSI club team in Middletown.  Our coach is pretty awesome and so are the girls, and it’s been an all around great experience!  I swim in the summertime too, which has been a little less thrilling (let’s just say….I am NOT fast).

Q. How long have you been home schooled?
For ever and ever…I’ve never been on a school bus!!  How upsetting…though my friends insist that I am missing out on NOTHING.  Haha

Q. What's your favorite thing about being homeschooled (other than getting to play for the Force, of course)?
Making my own schedule and working at my own pace.  Homeschooling has given me the chance to be a part of all kinds of extracurricular activities, even with a kind of heavy school load.

Q.  What are some of your hobbies?
I love to read, bake, and do almost any craft.   Do playing with my favorite toddlers count?  Cause that’s at the top!

Q. Where's your favorite place to eat out?
At Mrs. Duke’s.  No restaurant can compete with my mom and Mrs. Duke’s cooking.  Just sayin!

Q. What's your favorite movie?
Inception!!  At least in my dreams it is….

Q. What are your plans after high school graduation?
College!  I applied to Geneva, Grove City, Vanderbilt, Tufts, Emory, Johns Hopkins, Dartmouth, Harvard, Princeton, and Yale.  I should hear back from them by the end of March.

Q.  Would you rather drink coffee or tea?
Coffee is nasty.  I’m a teaholic.

Q. Who's your favorite musical artist/group?
Uh, let’s go with favorite songs instead.  “Jar of Hearts” (Christina Perri) and “Just a dream” (Nelly).  Most songs by Taio Cruz and Bruno Mars are at the top too!

Q. What would you do if you had an entire day to yourself and could do anything? 
Grab friends, dinner, and a movie!

Q. What's your favorite book?
Excluding the Bible, probably The Road by Cormac McCarthy.  Anything by Travis Thrasher is great for a fun read!

Q. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Next door to all my favorite people! 

Q. What college team do you cheer for?
Blahh I have no idea 

Q. What's your favorite scripture verse?
Isaiah 43: 1-7:   
1 But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.
      O Israel, the one who formed you says,
   “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
      I have called you by name; you are mine.
 2 When you go through deep waters,
      I will be with you.
   When you go through rivers of difficulty,
      you will not drown.
   When you walk through the fire of oppression,
      you will not be burned up;
      the flames will not consume you.
 3 For I am the Lord, your God,
      the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
   I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom;
      I gave Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
 4 Others were given in exchange for you.
      I traded their lives for yours
   because you are precious to me.
      You are honored, and I love you.
 5 “Do not be afraid, for I am with you.
      I will gather you and your children from east and west.
 6 I will say to the north and south,
      ‘Bring my sons and daughters back to Israel
      from the distant corners of the earth.
 7 Bring all who claim me as their God,
      for I have made them for my glory.
      It was I who created them.’”


Q. When it snows, how do you spend your day?
Inside with some hot chocolate, homemade donuts, a book/movie, and (unfortunately) all the homework I haven’t done yet. 

1 comment:

  1. EMILY!!!
    I'm gonna miss you so much! You have been so encouraging and fun to be around! I have loved playing bball with you! Good luck with all your college plans!

    ReplyDelete